BFSB has announced that the Nominations Committee for this year’s Excellence Awards has released the names of all nominees submitted to the Blue Ribbon Panel. They are:
##ACHIEVER OF THE YEAR##
* **Bronishka A. Black,** Senior Associate, The Bank of Nova Scotia Trust Company (Bahamas) Ltd.
* **Chanti P. Brown**, Human Resources Officer, Central Bank of The Bahamas
* **Jeannette Jean**, Private Banking Administrator, Societe Generale Private Banking
* **Kasynthi Bodie**, Financial Officer, Julius Baer Bank & Trust (Bahamas) Ltd.
* **Katrina M. Pinder**, Sr. Operations Officer, Commonwealth Bank Limited
* **Lavanda M. Dean,** Payments & Cash Specialist, UBS (Bahamas) Limited
* **Marvin A. Dean**, Dip CII, Account Executive, J.S. Johnson & Company Ltd.
* **Taran S. Mackey,** Trust Administrator, International Protector Group Ltd.
##PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR##
* **Anita Bain**, CPA, CA, TEP, Immediate Past Chairperson, Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP)
* **Denise D. Turnquest**, Senior Vice President-Credit Risk, Commonwealth Bank Ltd.
* **Elvira Lowe**, TEP, Director, Americas Team Head, UBS Trustees (Bahamas) Ltd.
* **Felicia S. Mott-Smith**, Head of Private Banking/Trust, Societe Generale Private Banking
* **Kim D. Thompson**, VP Human Resource/Company Director, Equity Trust Bahamas
* **Nikia Woodside**, TEP, Asst. VP/Team Leader Trust Administration, Cititrust (Bahamas) Limited
* **Rochelle M. Rolle**, CPA, Director, Head of Compliance, Julius Baer Bank & Trust
* **Ronique T. Tinker**, Risk & Compliance Manager, CIBC FirstCaribbean Bank (Bah) Ltd.
* **Sharon Colebrook**, TEP, CAMS, Sr. Manager Process Optimization, The Bank of Nova Scotia Trust Company (Bahamas) Ltd.
* **Sherry M. Brown**, Claims Supervisor, J.S. Johnson & Co.
* **Terrence S. Carey**, Sr. Manager-Corporate Credit-Grand Bahama & Family Islands, Bank of the Bahamas.
##MENTOR OF THE YEAR##
* **Jamison J. Davis**, Manager-Collections, Bank of The Bahamas
* **Katherine Y. Hamilton**, Acting Manager-Training, Commonwealth Bank Limited
##EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR##
* **Cassandra Nottage**, Bank Supervision Manager, Central Bank of The Bahamas
* **Jasmine Y. Davis**, CPA, CA, President, Bahamas Institute of Chartered Accountants
* **John K.F. Delaney QC,** Senior Partner, Delaney Partners
* **Robert A.F. Bartlett**, Senior Manager, Customer Service, J.S. Johnson & Company
* **W. Larry Roberts**, Chief Executive Officer, Bahamas Realty Ltd.
In addition, a separate Industry Panel has released the names of the Student of the Year nominees:
##STUDENT OF THE YEAR##
* **Dominique E. Rolle** – BBA Accounting
* **Jasmine L. Williams** – BBA Banking and Finance (with Spanish)
* **Jonelle A. Fox** – BBA Management
* **Myah D. Moss** – BBA Accounting
* **Raquel L. Fowler** – BBA CIS/Applications Programming
Importantly, the annual Awards Programme is designed to pay tribute to “People Power” – a critical asset of our financial services industry. Human resource development is of primary significance to sustaining growth of the financial services sector; we firmly believe that capacity building to meet the myriad challenges and opportunities that confront us in today’s globally competitive environment is key to success.
This year’s Gala Awards Dinner is scheduled to be held at the Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort on November 1st. Members are encouraged to come out and support these “Stars of our Industry” as they are recognised by their peers. On this occasion, the Hon. L. Ryan Pinder also will present the **“Minister’s Award”** for excellence in Financial Services. That recipient will be kept confidential for first announcement at the Awards Dinner as well.