The Bahamas will host a major trust conference in June, featuring experts who will outline the changes occurring within the trust industry and how global, regulatory and financial restrictions can be addressed through planning initiatives by trust professionals.
Titled *”Enhancing Your Wealth Management Opportunities in Using International Trusts for Private Clients”*, the conference is being coordinated by the Institute of International Research (IIR). It is co-sponsored by the Bahamas Financial Services Board (BFSB).
IIR’s 13th Annual International Trust Forum takes place June 11-13 at the British Colonial Hilton in downtown Nassau.
*”We are delighted to have an event of this caliber take place in The Bahamas,”* said Wendy Warren, BFSB’s CEO and Executive Director. *”We anticipate that the event will facilitate networking among international and Bahamian delegates as we play host to a special day trip by our international guests to our second city, Freeport. The Conference also provides an excellent professional development opportunity for local practitioners.”*
The conference will cover:
* The latest international supranational initiatives and predict future regulatory developments
* Alternative Structures to international trusts such as private placements, captives, hedge fund wrap products, and international partnerships and how they fit into an overall financial strategy
* Methods to fill the due diligence gaps between regulatory dictates and applied every day practices and procedures
* Tax, legal and disclosure requirements for offshore trustee with US settlors and beneficiaries
* An analysis of financial prospects and correlating structures in Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela and Brazil
* Sophisticated strategies in pre-immigration, post-expatriation, non-compliant structure and disclosure practices when doing business in Europe
* Recognition of international scams and offshore frauds.
In addition, panelists will discuss the practical aspects of the following topics:
· Trends in the US Economy; where is the market headed?
· Exploring US Investment Approaches and red flags
· Determining Trustee Responsibility towards Investments
· Developing an Investment Strategy – Examining investment performance and risk management
· Building Wealth Preservation Platforms
· Understanding Conflicts of Interests: Prudent Behavior for Trusts
· Developing Customised Portfolio Theory to Better Serve Clients
· Examining Cross-Border Opportunities
· Selecting the Right Forecasting Tools for Wealth Management Endeavours
*”In the midst of global, regulatory fine-tuning, trust practitioners must continue to adopt new and innovative trust and estate planning techniques to meet the needs of the increasingly, knowledgeable client,”* said IIR’s Conference Co-coordinator Natasha Subedar. *”The Conference will provide this learning opportunity.”*
Speakers and presenters will include a broad mix of international and Bahamian experts.