The Insurance Commission of The Bahamas is responsible for the prudential regulation of all insurance activity in or through the Bahamas. It is concerned with the ongoing monitoring and control of insurers, agents, brokers, salesman, underwriting managers and external insurers.
To protect the interests of the insuring public through the prudential supervision of the insurance industry operating in and from The Bahamas.
- Be the supervisory and regulatory authority for the insurance industry;
- Ensure the protection of policyholders’ interests;
- Ensure the solvency of insurers and re-insurers conducting business under the Domestic and External Insurance Acts;
- Facilitate the orderly functioning of re-insurers, insurers, and intermediaries; and
- Give effect to associated matters both domestic and international.
Michele Fields, Superintendent
Phone: (242) 328-1068
Fax: (242) 328-1070
P.O. Box N3017