The nominees for BFSB’s 2016 FSI Excellence Awards have been published. Introduced in 2001, these Awards recognize and pay tribute to the “People Power” that drives the financial services sector.
The winner in each category, selected by an independent Blue Ribbon Panel, will be announced at the FSI Excellence Awards Gala Dinner on November 18th at the Melia Nassau Beach Resort. The 2016 nominees are:
**ACHIEVER OF THE YEAR**
* **LaNovia Ferguson**, Operations Administrator, EFG Bank & Trust (Bahamas) Ltd.
* **Marlon Rolle**, Customer Care Officer, CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank
* **Ranel Hanna-Pierre**, Assistant Relationship Manager, Julius Baer Bank & Trust (Bahamas) Limited
* **Tiffany Bryan**, Senior Associate, Fiduciary Services, The Bank of Nova Scotia Trust Company (Bahamas) Ltd.
* **Vivian Sands**, Executive Assistant, Commonwealth Bank Ltd.
* **Wendy Sands**, Corporate Administrator, Delaney Partners & Delaney Corp. (Bahamas) Ltd.
**PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR**
* **Branson Gibson**, Branch Manager, Commonwealth Bank Ltd.
* **Cindy Tinker**, Branch Supervisor, Claims Adjuster, J.S. Johnson Co. Ltd.
* **Inger Johnson**, District Manager, CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank
* **Maria Darville**, Operations Manager, Julius Baer Bank & Trust (Bahamas) Limited
* **Santosha Williams**, Manager, Banking & Finance, The Winterbotham Trust Company Limited
* **Sonya Longley**, Senior Manager, Operations, The Bank of Nova Scotia Trust Company (Bahamas) Limited
* **Tamicka Deal-Babb**, Supervisor, Operations, EFG Bank & Trust (Bahamas) Ltd.
* **Ursula Rolle**, Vice President, CBH (Bahamas) Ltd.
**MENTOR OF THE YEAR**
* **Lynden Smith**, Special Credit Supervisor, Delinquency, Commonwealth Bank Limited
**EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR**
* **Brian Jones**, Managing Director, Deltec Fund Services Ltd.
* **George Damianos**, President, Broker, Damianos Sotheby’s International Realty
* **Ian Jennings**, President, Commonwealth Bank Ltd.
* **J. Nicola Farrington**, Director, Fiduciary Services, The Bank of Nova Scotia Trust Company (Bahamas) Limited
* **Kasynthi Bodie**, Deputy CEO, Financial Director, Edmond de Rothschild (Bahamas) Ltd.
* **Michele Fields***, Superintendent, The Insurance Commission of The Bahamas
**STUDENT OF THE YEAR NOMINEES**
In 2002, BFSB introduced the FSI Student of the Year award in collaboration with the College of The Bahamas. This Award also will presented at the annual Awards Gala Dinner. 2016 Candidates are:
* **Candace Darling** – BBA Accounting
* **Crajia Sears** – BBA, Banking & Finance
* **Headlease Smith** – BBA Accounting
* **Javon Rolle** – BBA Accounting
* **Kiria Gibson** – BBA CIS (Networking)
* **Sayar Rolle** – BBA Marketin
Congratulations to all of the nominees!
**LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD**
Also to be recognised on November 18 will be the 2016 Lifetime Achievement Awardee – Yves Lourdin, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Pictet Bank & Trust Limited. Click [here](https://bfsb-bahamas.com/news.php?cmd=view&id=3665&pre=y).