The Bahamas Financial Services Board (BFSB) celebrated the 11h anniversary of its Industry Excellence Awards programme on Friday, at a Gala Dinner held at the Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort. At that time, the Recipients for the 2011 Mentor of the Year, Professional of the Year, Achiever of the Year, and Student of the Year were announced – academy award style.
Also recognised at the awards ceremony were the recipients of the 2011 Lifetime Achievement Award, the Executive of the Year Award, and the Development and Promotion Award – all of which had been announced previously.
The 2011 Recipients are:
• **Lifetime Achievement Award**: Hugh G. Sands, CMG
• **Executive of the Year**: Reece D. Chipman, Bahamas Institute of Chartered Accountants
• **Development & Promotion Award**: Higgs & Johnson Law Firm
• **Mentor of the Year**: Dorothy Hilton, SG Hambros Bank & Trust
• **Professional of the Year**: Kenrick L. Brathwaite, Commonwealth Bank Limited
• **Achiever of the Year**: Alec F. Rolle, BSI Overseas (Bahamas) Limited
• **Student of the Year**: Mandelia K. Morris, COB Graduate
BFSB introduced its Industry Excellence Awards Programme in 2001, in collaboration with the FSI Professional Industry Associations to recognise excellence in performance amongst industry practitioners. This year, the Association of International Banks & Trust Companies in The Bahamas (AIBT) again joined forces with BFSB to enhance the profile of the annual “Achiever of the Year”. In addition to the recognition and awards presented in this category by BFSB, Achiever of the Year Alec Rolle received the AIBT Professional Education Prize.
The Student of the Year award – a $5000 Investment Account – again was cosponsored by Societe Generale Private Banking, CFAL, and Colina. The student award programme is an initiative introduced by BFSB in 2002 in collaboration with the College of The Bahamas.