The Bahamas Financial Services Board (BFSB) has announced that the Nominations Committee has forwarded the slate of nominees for this year’s Financial Services [Industry Excellence Awards](https://bfsb-bahamas.com/news.php?cmd=view&id=2955&pre=y) to the Blue Ribbon Panel. These are:
##Achiever of the Year (AOTY):##
* Garnel Leo, Controlling & Accounting Systems Specialist, UBS Trustees (Bahamas) Ltd.
* Dominique L. Glinton, Legal Administrator/Office Manager, Glinton Sweeting O’Brien
* Shantell Hall, Client Services Officer, FirstCaribbean International Bank
* Tyran D. Thompson, Personal Banking Officer, Scotiabank Bahamas Limited
##Professional of the Year (POTY):##
* Aldeka D. Thompson, Trust Relationship Manager, Credit Suisse Trust Limited
* Alysia Archer-Colebrooke, Assistant to the Executive Director/Deputy Manager, Securities Commission of the Bahamas
* Mildred L. Johnson, Manager Compliance/Human Resources/Corporate Services, The Hongkong & Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC Group)
* Perez W. Donald, Trust Relationship Manager, SG Hambros Bank & Trust
* Sharlyn R. Smith, Attorney, Sharon Wilson & Co.
* Valentino S.L. Bethell, Head of European Desk, Private Banking Unit, Societe Generale Private Banking
* Veronica E. Moncur Sherman, Team Head, Asia Desk, UBS Trustees (Bahamas) Ltd.
##Executive of the Year (EOTY):##
* Cheryl E. Bazard, Principal, Bazard & Co.
* John M. Lawrence, Chairman, Windermere Corporate Management Limited/CEO, Metropolitan Bank (Bahamas) Ltd.
* Miguel Gonzalez, Managing Director, SYZ & CO Bank & Trust
The Blue Ribbon Panel will make its selection of the AOTY, POTY and EOTY and will keep the names secret until the Awards Gala Dinner on Friday, October 22nd. BFSB is celebrating the 10th anniversary of the awards programme this year, and the event will be held in the Independence Ballroom, Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort. Deputy Prime Minister the Hon. T. Brent Symonette, who also will be Acting Attorney General and Minister of Legal Affairs, will bring congratulatory remarks to the nominees at the Awards Dinner.