An integral part of the domestic outreach programme of the Bahamas Financial Services Board (BFSB) is the annual selection of an outstanding student from the College of the Bahamas Graduating Class. The “Financial Services Student of the Year” is recognised at BFSB’s annual Industry Excellence Awards Ceremony, when awards are presented to outstanding industry practitioners as well.
BFSB [recently announced](https://bfsb-bahamas.com/news.php?cmd=view&id=2958&pre=y) the names of the five (5) finalists for the 2010 Student Award. The winner has been selected by an Industry Panel, but will not be announced until the Awards Ceremony on October 21. This year’s finalists are:
* D’Andra Letitia Greenslade – BBA, Accounting
* [D’Andra Ashley Johnson ](https://bfsb-bahamas.com/news.php?cmd=view&id=2960&pre=y)- AA, Law & Criminal Justice
* [Edmund Terran Bain](https://bfsb-bahamas.com/news.php?cmd=view&id=2961&pre=y) – BBA, Accounting
* [Kaymore D. Bethel](https://bfsb-bahamas.com/news.php?cmd=view&id=2962&pre=y) – AA, Law & Criminal Justice
* [Tonia A.A. Turnquest](https://bfsb-bahamas.com/news.php?cmd=view&id=2963&pre=y) – BBA, Accounting
##D’Andra Letitia Greenslade – BBA, Accounting##
D’Andra graduated from the College of The Bahamas (COB) in 2010 with a BBA Degree in Accounting, with Distinction. She completed her secondary school education at the Bahamas Academy of Seventh-Day Adventists, graduating in 2005 as Class Salutatorian, with Honours. She won the Accounting Awards at her annual Honours Convocation, achieving an A grade in Accounts BGCSE.
While at the COB (2005-2010), D’Andra remained on the Dean’s List every semester and achieved the President’s Award for two consecutive years (2005-2006). For the Fall Semester 2008, she participated in COB’s Study Abroad programme at Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada, achieving a GPA of 3.68 during that experience. Also at the COB, she also was awarded the BICA scholarship for the Fall Semester 2007, also qualifying for a BICA Book Award for the Spring Semester 2008.
D’Andra plans to attain her CPA Licence in due course and also eventually to enroll in either COB’s MBA programme or pursue a Master’s in Finance or International Business abroad. She currently is employed at Deloitte as a Junior 2 Accountant/Auditor.