Five (5) finalists have been announced by the Bahamas Financial Services Board (BFSB) as candidates for the 2010 Financial Services Student of the Year. Candidates were selected from the 2010 Graduating Class of the College of the Bahamas (COB):
* [D’Andra Letitia Greenslade](https://bfsb-bahamas.com/news.php?cmd=view&id=2959&pre=y) – BBA, Accounting
* [D’Andra Ashley Johnson](https://bfsb-bahamas.com/news.php?cmd=view&id=2960&pre=y) – AA, Law & Criminal Justice
* [Edmund Terran Bain](https://bfsb-bahamas.com/news.php?cmd=view&id=2961&pre=y) – BBA, Accounting
* [Kaymore D. Bethel](https://bfsb-bahamas.com/news.php?cmd=view&id=2962&pre=y) – AA, Law & Criminal Justice
* [Tonia A.A. Turnquest](https://bfsb-bahamas.com/news.php?cmd=view&id=2963&pre=y) – BBA, Accounting
The student award programme, now in its 8th year, is sponsored in collaboration with COB, the Professional Industry Association Working Group and the Central Bank of the Bahamas. Its objective is to recognise an outstanding graduating student from within COB’s School of Business; this includes all financial services relevant disciplines – economics, banking and finance, accountancy, and law. It has been extended as well to computer information systems, marketing and management. The criterion for initial selection is a GPA of 3.5 or above, with additional criteria also including COB and community involvement, an interview by an industry panel to assess comportment and economic savvy, and a written submission. This year, the students wrote essays on Leadership Skills.
The student award programme is a part of BFSB’s ongoing Financial Centre Focus (FCF) programme which seeks to integrate the industry with the wider community through a series of initiatives. BFSB’s CEO & Executive Director Wendy Warren points out that an essential part of the FCF’s overall objective is to attract and maintain qualified professionals to the sector. *“In this regard”,* she says, *“particular attention is placed on highlighting the importance of quality human resources to the industry, and also profiling outstanding individuals through the awards programmes.”*
The 2010 FSI Student of the Year will be announced at BFSB’s FSI Excellence Awards Ceremony on October 21 when BFSB also will announce the Executive of the Year, Professional of the Year and Achiever of the Year.