**The Counsellors Ltd.** has introduced a new “community service initiative” entitled *“The Financial Voice”*, a Town Meeting aimed at stimulating dialogue with and among members of the general public on the state of the economy. Other objectives, says The Counsellors, include having financial issues placed in perspective by the brightest minds in the relevant areas, with the purpose of explaining the implications and potential impact of such on the lives of Bahamians of all walks of life and economic engagement.
The first Town Meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 18th at 8:00 p.m. — at the Wyndham Nassau Resort. It will focus on a non partisan review of the proposed 2008-2009 National Budget. Panelists will address the potential impact of the new budget on such areas of the economy as tourism and hospitality, financial services, the environment and consumer issues. They include:
• Lynden Nairn, President, Colina General
• Anthony Ferguson, President, CFAL
• Frank Comito, Executive Vice President, Bahamas Hotel Association
• Rupert Pinder, Economist
• Eric Carey, Executive Director. Bahamas National Trust
• William Wong, President, Bahamas Real Estate Association
• Kenwood Kerr, President, Providence Advisors
Wednesday’s *“The Financial Voice”* is sponsored in part by CFAL, Baha Mar Resorts, KPMG and Sun Oil Limited.