As a result of the joint project undertaken with the Government of The Bahamas on an online Bahamas Strategy and Branding Survey, results are being tabulated for presentation to the Ministry of Financial Services and Investments and The Cabinet of The Bahamas.
Thereafter, the report from **PricewaterhouseCoopers**, facilitators of the Branding Survey, will be presented at the **2006 Bahamas Financial Services Retreat** in January and will form the basis for both plenary and breakout sessions.
BFSB extends sincere appreciation to intermediaries and members who participated in this important initiative to help determine the positioning of our jurisdiction in the global community — and to identify the industry’s opportunities, threats, strengths and weaknesses. Over 220 persons participated in this exercise. The consolidated results of the survey and discussions coming out of the Retreat will be utilised to review and refine the 5-year strategic plan for financial services.
Presenters for the upcoming Retreat have been confirmed and include:
* Hon. Allyson Maynard-Gibson, Minister of Financial Services and Investments
* Bruce Weatherill, Global Leader, Private Bank/Wealth Management Practice, PwC (UK)
* James A. Meszaros, Strategist, Weber Shandwick
* Hon. Vincent Peet, Minister of Labour & Immigration
* Franco Polloni, Director, Group Head Financial & Fiscal Planning, Banca del Gottardo
* Rowena Bethel, Legal Advisor, Bahamas Ministry of Finance
* Michael Foot, Inspector of Banks and Trust Companies, Central Bank of the Bahamas
A special Government Panel at the conclusion of the Retreat will provide the opportunity for Government and Official Opposition representatives to respond to information presented and discussed at the retreat.